Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Trash to Treasure

So it turns out that the mom of one of my students was dumping her old stuff into the dumpsters at school.  I found this out because when I would drag something out of the dumpster and bring it into my classroom, one of my students would say, "Hey, that's my mom's."  He apparently told her and he told me later that she had said that she wasn't supposed to be throwing things in there.  Luckily for me, I got two of her old pieces.  The table from the last post was one, this director's chair is another.

Again, I was out on bus duty one morning and saw this calling to me from the dumpster.  I dragged it out and thought....I could paint this and make it really cute.  It started with really banged up oak colored wood and the canvas fabric was a tan with a beige paisley pattern.  I forgot to take before pictures, but below is the end result.  I think it turned out pretty cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment