Friday, July 13, 2012

Trash to Treasure

As a teacher, we usually have to do extra duties.  Last year, my bus crosswalk duty took place close to the school dumpster.  One day as I was waiting on a bus to arrive, I looked over at the dumpster and saw a small, square table on top of a heap of trash.  There was no bus in sight, so I walked over to take a peek.  It looked like it was in pretty good shape, so I hauled it out just about the time one our our PTA moms was driving by.  She rolled down her window, laughing at me and asking me what I was doing.  I told her I was going to take the table home and repaint it.  It's black solid surface was a perfect canvas for...something....

Today, halfway through July, I finally painted the table top.  I still need to replace the legs because the metal legs the table came with are not all that sturdy.   But here is a photo of the finished table top.  I was pretty happy with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment